Warrnambool Art Gallery
165 Timor Street, WARRNAMBOOL
Phone: (03) 5559 4889
Warrnambool Art Gallery was established in 1886 and has actively been acquiring artwork ever since. In 1986, a purpose built building opened on the civic green, Warrnambool. It houses two permanent collection galleries, a prints & drawing gallery, a temporary exhibitions space and a community gallery. The Gallery is a memorial to Sir Fletcher Jones.
The collection covers European Salon painting, Australian Colonial painting, Melbourne Modernism (c1930-50) and Contemporary Australian Prints and works of local historic significance.