Como Historic House & Garden
Cnr Williams Rd & Lechlade Avenue @ 16 Como Avenue, SOUTH YARRA
Phone: (03) 9827 2500
Como is one of few surviving large suburb estates, dating from 1847, just over 10 years after European settlement of the Port Phillip district.
For 95 years it was owned by the Armytage family, prominent graziers and well known members of Melbourne society. Much of their original furniture is in the house today. The house is surrounded by 6.5 acres of beautiful gardens.
Approximtely 1500 pieces of furniture and decorative arts objects, mostly original to the Armytage family's period of ownership. (1864 - 1959)