NGV National Gallery of Victoria
180 St Kilda Road, Melbourne
Phone: 03 8620 2222
As Victoria’s cultural flagship and home to Australia’s finest art collection the NGV is recognised as one of the leading art museums of the world. Founded in 1861, the National Gallery of Victoria is Australia’s oldest public art gallery.
The NGV’s St Kilda Road Gallery, designed by Sir Roy Grounds, opened in 1968. Since December 2003 NGV has operated across two sites – NGV International on St Kilda Road, redesigned by Mario Bellini, and The Ian Potter Centre: NGV Australia at Federation Square, designed by LAB Architecture Studio.
The collection contains over 66,000 works including paintings, sculpture, antiquities, works on paper, photography, decorative arts, furniture, fashion, textiles and multimedia.